Here are our cute kiddos at our HOA Halloween Festival

Mason really wanted to be Lightening McQueen again this year. That has to be the easiest costume we've ever done (but he loves it!!)

I think I may have overdone it on Abby's costume this year, though. Any of you mothers that have PBS-loving kids will probably know about the new show, Super Why! Abby is obsessed with Princess Presto (or Cresto as she says). I found a costume for her online, but was just not cute enough. Besides, who hasn't said, "I can make that for cheaper anyway!" Famous last words. The day before Abby's preschool party I started the costume which was basically a little girl's formal gown that I elaborated to look like the character. I went to bed at midnight and I still had a couple finishing touches to make in the morning. So maybe I am crazy, but I still think she was the cutest one out there on Halloween (someday she'll thank me for it). These pictures don't even do it justice!!

My kids assigned each member of our family to one of these Super Readers
Daddy is Alpha Pig, Mommy is Wonder Red, Mason is Super Why (of course), Abby is Princess Presto, and Jake is Super You (the show's effort to include everyone)
Daddy is Alpha Pig, Mommy is Wonder Red, Mason is Super Why (of course), Abby is Princess Presto, and Jake is Super You (the show's effort to include everyone)

Jacob had a couple different costumes this year. For our trunk-or-treat on the 30th, he wore a bear costume without the hood (it was too hot). On Halloween, it was even hotter when we headed out, so we raided his closet (actually an 18" section in Mason's closet) and came up with this cute beach bum costume. He was much happier and pretty stylin'!!

For the past few years we haven't carved jack-o-lanterns, so I bought a 28lb pumpkin and carved it with the kids' help. They designed it.

Here is Rustin's idea of Jack-o-lanterns. My mom grew these pumpkins in her garden. She had enough for each of her grandkids. They got to go out the pumpkin patch and pick which one they wanted! My kids saved a seed from our giant pumpkin to plant next year so we can have pumpkins like Grandma!

9 comments:
How cute your kids are!! They have gotten so big since I have seen them last. My # is on the side of my blog where it says "need an electrician?" Isn't memory lane fun. The things we wish we could do again!!
Okay, Abby's costume is seriously incredible! I can't believe that you made it in so short a time. Good job!
Wow! Great job with Abby's costume! That was soooo cute.
They are all so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting! Good Job on the costumes!
Good job on that last minute costume, it looks great! Your kids are adorable.
She looks just like the character! Well done- I completely hear you sentiments about the "I could make it better for cheaper"- That's EXACTLY what I did. But it sure is great when your done right? (I guess maybe we're just both crazy)
your kids are super cute!
Abby looks more like you every time I see a picture of her. Such cuties!!
(Hey I am gonna be in AZ Thanksgiving week!)
They looked so cute on Halloween! It's so weird when you say it was too hot lol. Its always too cold here! But the jack-o-lanterns that have mr potato head stuff, thats my idea of carving too lol. I hate digging out the seeds. Anywho it was so much fun to see you last weekend! Hopefully Rustin wasnt too distraught with out ya. Thanks for the switch-a-roo we pulled too ;)
Post a Comment