Monday, September 22, 2008

Long Overdue

This post has been long overdue as many people have told me. I don't ever feel like posting unless I have something world-shattering to show and tell. However, I have been informed by a wonderful friend that it's the little insights into eachother's souls that are the best. So, here you go Amber!

Now, I just have to say that I'm sorry for the rest of you, but I have the absolute BEST visiting teachers ever! They are always so good to bring exactly what I need to hear. This month was no exception. I am always wondering why my home is never quite the haven that I would like it to be. I tend to think things like, "if only they would clean up after themselves" or "if only they would do this." I was lovingly reminded that the problem is not them, it's me. I need to change my attitude and prioritize my time better. I also learned that I need to keep myself closer to the Spirit so that my family can have the Spirit in our home more. I look around our home and see physical things that need fixing, but I fail to see that it needs help spiritually. Thank you to two faithful visiting teachers who are in tune with the Spirit to bring this little bit of understanding to my mind when it was much needed.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, that is wonderful! I think we all need that reminder. We (mothers, and wifes) do create the mood and feeling in our home. And it is a good reminder to remember where change starts. Thanks for the post ;).

The Porters said...

I enjoyed this months message :) ps its good to hear from you on here again!

Tara said...

You're talk was awesome on Sunday! I can't believe that YOU feel like you need more harmony in your home--I must be in BIG trouble, then. ;) BTW, I tagged you from my blog!

Shelly said...

Glad to see you posting again....even though it was a month ago. That's the last time I posted before today....so I guess we are both slackers.