

Introducing the newest addition to our family, Kena. She (Mason says it's a girl) hatched on Sunday and is getting used to life outside of the shell. Kena is a sulcata tortoise and could easily live 100 years and weigh as many pounds. Right now she weighs around 1 ounce and is less than 2 inches long. My parents' and my in-laws' sulcatas are the proud parents. I let her out in the yard today and she just cruised all over. She likes to dig into the grass, so we have to look carefully before we step. Mason came up with the name Kena. He's also excited that Didley (our 5 year old box turtle) is a big brother, just like him.

5 comments:
I didn't know they had babies! It's so tiny and cute (bet you wish it would stay that way!
Hey! I am so glad you wrote me! I cant believe how big your kids are! Its so crazy!!! Cute little Turtle! Thanks for writing me!!!!
how cute! do turtles stink?
No, they don't stink. They have got to be the easiest pets because they stay outside and feed themselves! What more could you ask for?
Who knew that baby turtles were so cute? Good pet! We've only done fish! :)
Post a Comment