Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Cars

Our neighbors probably think that we like buying a new car every month or so.

At the end of August we finally bought me a Honda Pilot. HOORAY!! (Imagine me doing Toyota jump here -- 6 months pregnant.) I have been wanting one for a couple years now, but it was impractical since our car worked just fine. But now that baby #3 is on the way, squeezing 3 carseats into the back of a Nissan Sentra was sounding less and less appealing.

So we have the Pilot for a month, then Rustin decides that he needs a new truck. So he gets rear-ended on the freeway (don't worry, he's okay -- no injuries) and his trusty S-10 gets totalled. Now we have to find another vehicle. (Did I mention how much I dislike car hunting?) Luckily, Rustin did all of the work and we ended up buying him a Nissan Frontier this past weekend.

Anyway, our kids are way excited that we have 2 new cars. Mason keeps telling everyone who will listen that his daddy's truck got crashed. Then they look at me and ask if everything's all right, so I have to tell the story...again. We have been very blessed to be able to buy 2 cars (1 unexpectedly) in such a short amount of time. I guess that's one of the benefits of paying tithing!!

6 comments:

Wes Dyer said...

Yeah! That is awesome two brand new cars. Wow! Congratulations!!
Amber

Amy said...

New to us. We got a 2004 Honda Pilot and a 2000 Nissan Frontier.

The Porters said...

I love the honda pilot! I want one! Too bad we have no reason to buy one right now. Anywho so have you thought of a name yet for your third? I cant believe you are having your third. I am super baby hungry and am dying!!!

The Porters said...

Yes I am excited for insurance! We are coming to Payson for thanksgiving...so technically we will be down there haha. how have you been feeling?

spice2116 said...

hey amy!! bummer about the accidents but at least the new car will be nice congrats on baby number 3 it will be an adventure :)

Briann said...

Hi Amy!!! So I found you on Becca and Brad's blog where I found them from Ginger's blog! Anyways, how the heck are you? It looks like you guys are great and have such a cute family! Tell everyone hi for me! Briann (barnum) Neeley