I discovered the greatest place to get fresh produce!
bountifulbaskets.orgI've participated in this co-op the past 2 cycles and I love it!! I never was very good at buying produce for my family, unless it was canned or frozen. Now I get to have it all the time! I also like that I get to try things I otherwise would not try.
Here's the first basket I got. It had a Mexican theme, so you can guess what we ate for 2 weeks!

A picture of the chile rellenos I made. I was so proud of myself!!

The second basket I got had more traditional produce. Rustin was excited to get mushrooms--I don't care for them, so I don't buy them!

Anyway, if anyone decides to participate, give it at least 2 tries. I was a little worried after the 1st time, but I was very happy with the 2nd. And the greatest thing is that they just opened a pickup site at Skyline park!! Yeah!!
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing this Amy. I think that I'm going to try it out. I usually go to Superstition Ranch Mrkt and it's cheap but I almost always get the same things every time I go. I think it's exciting to have to try something new!
About the scrapbooking, I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do the class thing. But, I'd be happy to have you over sometime and I'll share with you some of the tricks I've learned. Just let me know.
that chili relleno looks super good!! As far as a baby shower down there I doubt it, I just dont have the money to fly down there. But we will see. How are you doing??
Someone in my ward was telling me about that, but I was a little unsure. Now that I've seen your pics, I'm definetely going to check it out!! Thanks for posting that! How's everything going for you?
Isn't it GREAT! I get two baskets, my gang eats like there's no end! I noticed that they have a few different things at each location, but not much. For example, I got a 5lb. bag of potatoes where as a friend of mine didn't but got alot of peaches. So, we always call each other up after our pick ups to see if we want to exchange anything with each other....
I am jealous. I want to get into one of these up here, but haven't found one yet. We would have LOVED the mexican one. Kudos on the chili rellenos.
Blog more.... :)
Post a Comment